Effective Date: 8-12-22
This Privacy Notice explains how RMICPA, LLC, and its affiliates (“we”) handles your personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to pestcontrolexperts.com and any other sites (each website a “Site” and collectively, the “Sites”) or mobile application (each application an “App,” collectively, the “Apps”; collectively with the Sites, “the Platform”) displaying this Privacy Notice. The purpose of our platform is to allow you to evaluate contractors and other companies offering pest extermination, and other related services (each a “Contractor”, collectively “Contractors”). This Privacy Notice describes the personal information we collect on the Site and/or Apps, and how we use and protect that information. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information unrelated to any identified or identifiable individual, household, or device.
In addition, if you are a resident of California, please see our Additional Notice for California Residents, which provides additional information about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information we collect directly from you. In the course of using the Platform, we may collect the following information from you depending upon what options you select and features you use in the course of your session. This may include:
• Your approximate geographic location (as supplied by you) and the type of services you are looking for or home improvement projects you are interested in, and other, related interests.
• Your name, contact information (email and/or phone number), and a message to any Contractor you contact through our website, with any information you choose to provide.
• Other interactions with Contractors or third parties facilitated by the Platform.
• Your email address and a review of any Contractor you choose to review, including a star rating.
• Your contact information and a description of the services you are interested in.
• Which Contractors, if any, you choose to save to a list of Contractors in whom you are interested.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of the Platform through cookies, web beacons, and other automatic data collection technologies. This data may include your IP address, the date(s) and time(s) you accessed the Platform, the page(s) and content you access during your visit, websites that you were last on when you accessed the Platform, which of our emails you open and which links you click on from within those emails. Cookies are small identifiers which are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or saving settings within your browser for use in you next session. Cookies and similar technologies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed on the Platform and other websites. We may use these and similar technologies on the Platform and other websites and mobile applications.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use the Platform, including social media companies who provide ‘share’, ‘like’, or similar buttons on the Platform. Additionally, Contractors who choose to include online forms on their pages on the Platform may collect additional information about you. We are not responsible, nor do we control, any personal information once collected by these parties. You should contact the relevant Contractor or other third party to learn more about how they use the information they collect.
We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Information from third party sources. Advertisers, application providers, and other third parties may collect your personal information through their ad platforms and other tools on the Sites and the Apps and they may combine it with other information to build a profile of your online activities over time. This information may be shared with us. They may also use this information independently to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content. We may also collect information from third parties to understand your profile and interests and provide this information to Contractors you choose to engage with.
How We Use the Information We Gather
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
• To operate our business and provide the Platform to you. This includes connecting you with Contractors you may be interested in, allowing you to review or read the reviews of a Contractor you are considering hiring, and providing you with resources, including articles, we believe may be of interest to you. Additionally, if you are a Contractor, this may also include facilitating your claimed profile, billing you as required, managing your account, and providing technical support.
• To maintain, analyze, customize, measure and improve our Platform.
• To provide customer support.
• To measure interest in our services, the Platform.
• To develop new products and our Platform, and ensure internal quality control.
• To verify your identity.
• To tailor and target content, advertisements, and offers to you.
• To conduct and advertise contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and other promotions.
• To monitor and enforce our Terms of Service or similar terms.
• To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
• To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity.
• For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties in order to support and provide our Platform and services. For example, we may share your information:
• With third party service providers that we have engaged to assist us in delivering the Platform to you, including payment-processing providers. We may share aggregated or anonymized data with third parties for other purposes.
• With advertisers on the Sites and Contractors. For example, we may share information with Contractors you choose indicating your interest in receiving services or quotations for services. [We may share additional information you provide or which we gather about you with Contractors.] Likewise, we may receive information from, or share information with, affiliates and promotional partners to offer you services that we think may interest you.
• With corporate affiliates including any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
• With regulators, law enforcement, governmental authorities, as requested or required.
• With auditors, legal counsel and other third parties in order to comply with our obligation or protect our interests, property or legal rights, or those of our customers or other third parties.
• With companies or other entities in the course of a proposed or actual corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event.
• To the extent permitted by law, when required by law, in connection with a court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, ourselves or others.
• At you direction or by your consent.
How We Secure Information
We maintain measures designed to protect the security of your information and to safeguard against unauthorized access to or use of your data. Despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of the networks or systems we operate or are operated by others on our behalf.
What Choices Do You Have?
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing communications from us on behalf of ourselves and Contractors who use our Platform. You may opt out of receiving these marketing emails by following the unsubscribe link in each email. You may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out. Please note that it may take a few days for an opt-out of marketing emails to become effective.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of the Platform may not function properly as a result.
Information Collected by Third Parties. Data collection and use by other parties (such as Contractors listed on our site) is subject to privacy notices of those organizations. With regard to such data collection and your choices with regard to it, we advise that you to consult the privacy policies of these organizations or contact them directly. Third party advertising and analytic firms may collect information on our site automatically as described above; you can consult their privacy notices, including the following:
Links to Third Party Sites
Children’s Privacy Rights
The Sites and Apps are not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect data from children under age 18 without parental consent. If you discover that your child under the age of 18 has been using the Sites and Apps, please inform us at the contact information below so that we can promptly remove it in accordance with law.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concern about privacy at pestcontrolexperts.com, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
Last Updated: July 1, 2022
Additional Notice for California Residents
This section of our Privacy Notice applies to residents of California.
Categories of Personal Information That We Collect
The table below identifies the categories of personal information that we have collected about consumers in the prior 12 months, as well as how we have disclosed such information for a business purpose.
|Personal Information Collected||Disclosed for business purposes|
|Category||Description||Yes/No||Categories of third parties|
|Identifiers||Such as first and last name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license, or other similar identifiers.||Yes||Advertising service providers
Marketing service providers
Home service providers
Data and Analytic Technology platforms
|Customer records||Such as a name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy information (Contractors only), license information (Contractors only), bank account number, credit card number, debit card number||No||Home service Providers
Credit card processing companies
|Protected classifications||We do not collect information about protected classifications such as race, religious background, or medical information; although this information may be incidentally captured if you provide that information to a Contractor when contacting them through our site, if you are a Contractor, if you display it on your claimed profile.||No||–|
|Commercial information||Such as records of personal property; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies related to home repair.||Yes||Contractors claiming their profiles|
|Usage data||Such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement.||Yes||All users|
|Sensory data, such as audio, video and electronic data||We do not collect biometric information, which includes audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as thermal screenings and CCTV footage (e.g., collected from visitors to our offices for health and safety purposes), photographs and images (e.g., that you provide us) and records of calls, webinars and video conferences. However, it may be incidentally captured if you provide these things to Contractors through our platform or, if you are a Contractor, if you display it on your claimed profile.||No||–|
|Biometric Information||We do not collect biometric information, including iris and retina scans, fingerprints, voice recordings, facial recognition, keystroke patterns or rhythms, gait patterns or rhythms, and sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.||No||N/A|
|Geolocation Information||Includes data derived from a device and that is intended to locate a customer within a geographic area.||Yes||Networking and data center service providers|
|Professional information||We only collect this information for Contractors who may also disclose it in claimed profiles, it may include professional and employment-related information such as an employer’s name and employees’ names, job titles, responsibilities, practice areas, specialties, qualifications, and/or areas of focus.||No|
|Education information||We do not collect any information about education or educational background, including educational records as defined in federal law, although this information may be incidentally captured if you provide that information to a Contractor when contacting them through our site, if you are a Contractor, if you display it on your claimed profile.||No|
|Inferences||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychologicaltrends, predispositions,behavior, attitudes,intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.||No||–|
To understand more about the purposes for which we collect personal information, see the “How We Use the Information We Gather.” To learn more about the sources from which we collect information about you, please see “Information We Collect.”
We disclose the above categories of personal information for the business purposes identified above to service providers in connection with their provision of services to us. We may also share the above categories of personal information with affiliates. In addition, we may disclose information (i) when required by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (iv) or to protect the rights and interests of you, ourselves and others; and (v) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Sales of Personal Information
As is common practice among businesses that operate Internet websites, we may also have disclosed certain identifiers, information about the use of our websites and apps, and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising, and analytics partners for monetary or other valuable consideration in the last 12 months. This enables us to identify broad demographic trends, target advertising to your interests, and perform analytics to understand our audience and improve our services. [In addition, we collect demographic information about you from third parties that may be shared with Contractors you select.] These disclosures may qualify as “sales” of personal information under California law. Please note that, in order to prevent data sharing with third parties via cookies, you will need to alter your browser settings to reject such cookies. You should consult your browser’s help documentation. We do not sell the personal information of individuals who we know to be under 16 years of age.
You may opt out of the sale of your personal information by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page or by emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that, to the extent consistent with law, opting out does not revoke any transfers of data qualifying as a ‘sale’ which have already been made.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have:
- The right to know what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell;
- The right to receive a copy of that personal information;
- The right to request that we delete your personal information;
- The right to request that we correct your personal information where it is inaccurate; and
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
In compliance with law, you may submit a request to fulfill any of these rights by (1) accessing our interactive form here, or (2) emailing us at [email protected] Additionally, you may exercise your ‘do not sell my personal information’ rights by using . We will record your request. Please note that, to prevent your website visitor information from being shared with social media, advertising, and analytics partners (as disclosed above under Sales of Personal Information), you should opt out under the step described on the website and it’s policies.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. This means that we will not deny you services, or charge you different prices or rates for services or provide you with a different level or quality of services (or suggest that we will do so), in response to a request made under the CCPA. However, we may charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of services, where that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or request to delete on your behalf. An agent may be an individual, or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State. To designate an authorized agent, you must provide the agent with written permission to submit the request. We may still require you to verify your identity directly (subject to certain exceptions). We may refuse a request if the agent does not provide adequate proof of their authorization. Please note that we are not obligated to provide you with a copy of your personal information more than twice in a 12-month period.
How to Exercise These Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
– Completing our California rights request form available at https://www.pestcontrolexperts.com/donotsell/
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. In connection with such verification, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, physical address or zip code and phone number. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at pestcontrolexperts.com, please contact us through our website by emailing us at [email protected].